Join us on sample date
MANAGING YOUR FUNDRAISING
The fastest, easiest way to raise money for the MMRF Team for Cures is to set up a personal donation page.
When you sign up to join our team, you will receive a donation page confirmation via email. Your donation page is turn-key ready, and will automatically contain basic information about the MMRF.
The most successful fundraising pages are the ones that have been personalized. To personalize your donation page, simply log on to your account by going via the event’s page link (visit Team For Cures to find your event). Once you log in, you can customize your page's title and body text, which is what your page visitors will see when they come to donate to your campaign. You can also upload a photo or video, personalize your page URL, and set or change your fundraising goal.
Whether you have experience or are a first time fundraiser, maximize your fundraising potential (and comfort level while doing it) by using our fundraising tips. Follow these week-by-week steps to reach your fundraising goal. Our team members receive exclusive access to our extensive Fundraising Kit, as well as coaching from our full-time fundraising coaches.
HOW TO BUILD A GREAT DONATION PAGE
The personal donation page template will be automatically branded to the MMRF and will be very simple to read and to use as a backdrop for your personal message. Important facts about the MMRF can be found in the FAQs. For the best, most effective donation campaign, make sure your page follows these guidelines:
- Write a message that tells people WHY you are participating in this event.
- Tell supporters HOW you are connected to multiple myeloma.
- Share the story with supporters of how much participating in this event will mean to you and how their support is so important to your effort.
- Be sure to include a picture of yourself or of the patient you are honoring. If you want to add multiple photos, we suggest making a collage online via www.fotor.com. You will need to resize your images to “Large Web Photo” size. If you are not able to do so, e-mail the image to your team manager for help. If you do not have a photo to include, pick a photo or logo of the event you are participating in. Know that a picture makes a BIG difference and adds to the emotional connection your page visitor have with supporting you.
- Share the message about how much MMRF has done to fund research and how their efforts are moving the medical community closer to finding a cure.
HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR DONATION PAGE?
We want to make this easy for you. We don’t want you to spend lots of time if you are having trouble setting up your page or uploading a photo. If you run into trouble, send an email outlining your issue to email@example.com. Tell us in that email what the problem is, outline what changes you want to make or how we can help, and include any attachments (photos) you would like to be uploaded and we can usually get that fixed for you quickly. We want you to spend your time sending out fundraising emails, training, and getting on with the rest of your life, not fumbling with a website you might be having trouble with. Once your page is set, you are good to go, so let us help you.
WHAT TO DO WITH THE CASH/CHECKS YOU HAVE COLLECTED?
Please follow the protocol below to make sure that your account is credited for checks and cash donations!
Checks should be made out to: The MMRF. Be sure to include the name of the event and the team member name on the check’s memo line so that your donation will be recorded correctly. For Example: John Smith, New York City Marathon.
Please note that all donors who pay by check will always receive a thank you letter documenting the tax deductible contribution for any donation over $25.
Cash donations should be converted to check form, since cash should not be sent directly in the mail. If a donor gives you cash, simply deposit it to your bank account and send a check from your account following the directions above. Include with your check a short note that tells us the name and address of the donor so that we can provide the thank you note documenting their tax deductible contribution to that donor.
Please send collected checks to:
Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
MMRF Endurance Events
P.O. Box 414238
Boston, MA 02241-4238
Attn: Endurance Events
HOW DO "COMPANY MATCH" PROGRAMS WORK?
Many companies offer a Matching Gifts program, whereby employers match contributions made by employees. This is a BENEFIT for the employees. Be sure to use it. (Note that the match is made by the company that your DONOR works for, not your company.) The MMRF has a quick and easy tool to help determine which employers have Matching Gifts programs. Check out our Matching Gifts Search tool:
CLICK HERE for the Matching Gift Database
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not see the company you are looking for on the list, call their Human Resources Department. The database is sensitive to exact wording, and the database may not be totally up-to-date. So, if you have a few donors from one company, it doesn’t hurt to call the HR Department to double check.
Once you get the information, here is all you have to do:?
- Have employee fill out the Matching Gift form from their employer. This is often a form which is submitted online through the company’s intranet. Sometimes the site leads them to a downloadable form that they can print out, fill in and fax back. Or, it may be a form that is obtained through the employee’s HR department, filled out and faxed/sent to your team manager. The fax number to send the form is (203) 966-8381.
- After completing the form, the donor should get a confirmation email or letter. Just forward the confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take care of it from there.
- Once we receive the confirmation, we will credit those funds to your donation page. (Note that the credit is made before the funds arrive – that often takes months – and that your company does not post those funds on your donation page – we do. We simply give you an online ‘credit’ once we have seen that the funds have been successfully requested.)
TIPS TO MAXIMIZE MATCHING GIFT CONTRIBUTIONS
- Check the MMRF Matching Gifts Database whenever you receive a donation. If you find that the donor’s employer is one that has a Matching Gifts program, copy the information on your findings and send it to your donor when you send them a thank you email.
- IMPORTANT: When you send the letter to your donor, be sure to mention the date and amount of the donation. This is information that will be asked of the employee, so the easier you make it for them to fill out the form, the more success you will have!
- If you receive a donation from a couple, and one of them works for a company that matches and the other does not, they can still submit a matching gifts request to the company that does match.